Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cozy Cozy Nest

As you might know,I'm not one of those guys who love sports,neither do outdoor activities.I'd rather spend hours to read good books rather than playing football or do hiking.I do love riding bicycle even though I don't have one.I also spend most of my time on the internet,in my room.I used to share a room with my sister down stair but as we aged,we kinda need our own personal space.I'm lucky enough that my parents let me choose my own room,let me design how I want it to be,and they also let me decorate it !

When I think about my personal room,I want it to be as versatile and flexible as possible.I want it to be a stage whenever I want to play some music or just jamming.I want it to be a movie theater whenever I want to watch a movie,I also want it to be spacious enough so I could put my stuff and still get some room to move,to dance,and to jump around.My room is nothing special,really.It's four-walled,unlike any other awesome bedrooms I've always wanted.But even though I stayed at big hotels during my holiday,I still miss my four-walled room.I guess that's because I put too many personalization in it ?

I've been reading articles about style bloggers rooms and apartments,and how cool theirs are.And I've been thinking about posting my own room too...why not ?  So here it is ! I hope you enjoyed it,even though it's not a five-star hotel room. And I also hope that it gives you inspiration on designing your own room ! :)

my desk is where I do most stuff I usually do.Blogging,studying,editing,designing,tweeting...etc.

I have lots of book collection but these are the ones I barely touch :p I don't really like to re-read books,but some books are exceptional.

My memories corner ! I actually have four "memories corner" in my room.This one is filled with photos of me and my friends.The "fun in the sun" tag is seasonal,I have one tag for every season.And yes,I do really change it according to the season.

This is where I put all of my glasses,the happy birthday sign was an artwork made by my friend -Riezka- Two years ago for my birthday.Still my favorite piece of artwork,thank you !!! :)
This is something I would wear daily,but ever since I got Chanel No.5,I have to share my time to both of my babies :3
 This is another memory corner ! I fell in love with that little music box I bought from Kinokuniya three years ago.The candle holder is a gift from my holiday to Bali two years ago.The small cupcake jar behind my perfume is a gift from my very best friend,Maura.That was very thoughtful of her,the fact that she bought the green one for me :') I usually fill it with candies and lollipops.Lately,I found out that the candies are mysteriously gone ! I've never ate it,and I've never seen anyone ate it so....This is something I must investigate.
This is where I put most of my grooming stuff.Of course,I'm not using all of the products,mostly are gifts.The crab tree bath gel on the right side of No.5 ? that's from my girl :3
This is where I put my guitar when I'm not using it.I also put some silica gel to prevent molds.Tips : if you have a guitar that is purely made out from wood and is not laminated,you have to put some silica gel,or else your guitar would get moldy and not only lost it's beauty,but also it's purest sound.
They said the art of storing is to use every available space as efficient as possible.So I use this space under my bed to store some books (I barely read) and my board and card games (I barely use).My bed have this awesome drawers underneath it,I use it to store my art supplies,sketchbooks,gadgets I barely use such as pocket camera,Nintendos and headphones.
This is my second memory corner,it's not exactly in the corner but....you know what I mean.This is where I put most of my trinkets from my vacations or events.I also put photos of my friends and my polaroid camera here.
This is my stationary spot,I used to have a larger one and I realized that it took too many space and I don't even use it all.So I sort some stuff and I got this beautiful round box from Kate Spade (read my last post) and I use it as my stationary spot ! I love it because it doesn't need so much space,yet it can still hold all my office supplies.I also have this little notebook I use whenever I want to leave a message or simply write something down for myself.A stamp of my own name,saying "proprety of kelvin k" I use it on all of my books,and I must say that I'm proud to make such an investment on name stamps :3
on the left side of my desk lies a very beautiful miniature of the Eiffel tower,it is a reminder for me to chase my dreams and to never give up on it :')
This is where I kept all of my favorite books,so I could easily reach it whenever I need it.The transparent box is for storing most of my paperworks,essays,and important documents.There also stands a clock I bought years ago when I started to decorate my room.I also love collecting paperbags from stores so I can reuse it later.I also have some CD's and DVD's behind the wonderstruck box,and some lime and cherryblossom scented candles.

 Bought this custom made hanger from Namy's store years ago,hand painted it myself :)

from top left to the right : A photo of Taylor,A photo of me,Another photo of me,an artwork of Taylor from my teacher,two photos of me,and a signed copy of Red album cover I bought online on Red's release week.Narcissistic enough ?
  
So I cut my favorite pages from magazines and stick it on my wall.I choose random pages,mostly advertisements.some articles and quotes,lovely pictures,and an invitation from Kate Spade to their launching party.
mirror mirror on the wall,who's the fairest of them all ?

This is my bed ! I love huge and fluffy pillows,and I collect cute sheets and covers.
I spent a lot of time in my room,that's why I need my own TV.some parents doesn't like TVs in their kids room.Luckily,my parents is not one of them.This is my 15th birthday present :')
no,I'm not a samsung fanboy.It's just a coincidence.
This is what I actually use daily.Wax and hairspray,moisturizer,comb,toner,acne medication for emergency use,lip balm (because I tend to have a dry lip) and a compact powder for a retouch whenever I do photo shoots.
This is my last memory corner ! full of trinkets from my friends vacation,a D-I-Y knitted doll,my night lamp and an illustrated playing card from my girl :3
I don't usually arrange it this way,my room is a little bit messy lately.I love the sculpture and the tissue box I got from Informa (another investment I proudly made).and instead of flowers,I fill my vase with air freshener.Yes,I'm that weird.
Vintage bomb ! brocade for tablecloth.
books I currently read.

So I guess that's a wrap ! thank you for visiting my blog and to spend minutes of your life to read through my post.Thank you !!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kevin, I'm back haha
    I see that you have cozy room there, and I see that you like taylor swift. hey there! I'm her fans too haha.

    by the way, I'm wondering where you live. do u live in Jakarta?

    www.mywhisperingstyle.blogspot.com

    Regards,
    Fahmy Haryandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for re-visiting my blog and to give another nice comment about it ! I am her huge fan too,and I live in Malang :)

      Delete
  2. Ngeliat foto2nya aja udah bisa ngerasain gimana nyamannya kalo udah di sana awkwk xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. makasih udah re-visit blogku terus komen mbak hihi :D makasihhhhhh :D

    ReplyDelete