Saturday, July 13, 2013

Terra-fic !

Sooooo yesterday I've got a chance to try the a new bistro near my house called Terra.I really have no idea what is it,what kind of food they sell,or what kind of restaurant Terra is.So I decided to google it,and after the first click "WHOAH" is literally what comes out from my mouth ! "Luxury" is the first word I thought when I saw those pictures online.They said that they've got this modern-retro as their theme (we already have a chemistry here !) and they sells italian food.Like,pure italian food because they "imported" the chef.
When we arrived at the restaurant,I fell in love with how the waitresses dress ! yes,you can guess it.black from head to toe.a black pony-tailed hair with a black tight mini dress and a pair of black pumps.chic ! kinda reminds me of that italian restaurant Giuliana and Bill got.They welcomed us warmly and let us pick our own seats.We picked the one on the balcony because the restaurant is located on top of Harvest (yes,my favorite patisserie !) so I think it would be nice to have an italian dinner while looking into the night sky (spoiler : it doesn't feel that good).
The waitresses came in and gave us our menu........that we can't read.like seriously,they write all the menus in italian.They do have the little description in the bottom of the name but that takes a long time to read.because this is a breakfast;not an usual dinner,I thought that I have to eat some rice so my choice goes to Chicken Devile with Basmati Rice (clearly have no idea what that is).I ordered this strawberry with lemon juice mocktail (the name is too hard to remember) a pan of pizza,and something something something strawberry for dessert (the name is also too hard to remember)
The waitress gave us this beautiful french bread with olive oil.confession : although I love experimenting with different kinds of cuisine,this is the first time that I literally eat a french bread with olive oil.Funny thing happened while we waited for our food : My sister saw a fish inside the vase ! like really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG

A living fish.

This place is already my favorites ! The pizza came first,with my sister's chicken curry.They got this thin crispy pizza base,I've heard that this is the real italian pizza,but I don't know if it tastes the same (since I've never been to Italy before) but the bottom of the pizza is a little bit scorched,leaving a little bitter taste.But it still taste good ! I mean,the fact that my sister wants to eat a pizza with cheese... (which is her least favorite food in the whole wide world;like,please,anything but cheese.) it must be that good to make someone who doesn't like it wanted to try it,right ?


 So my order came up,this what it looks like :

To be honest,it is presented nicely;BUT when I look at the food and the rice,it doesn't appetite me.And the shape of the rice is long and thin,unlike any rice I've ever seen before.I guess that's why it's called Basmati ? But the focus point of the food is always the taste ! so I tried it and it turns out that I love it.The rice got a similar taste with nasi uduk,and the chicken taste like...well,a spicy barbeque.They got a small portion,that's true.But it doesn't mean that I'm not full ! I guess they put some magic in the rice so that even though you only eat a small portion of it,you feel full and satisfied.I hope they sell this goods in supermarkets.

Oh ! I also tried mas Eri's order which is bowls of samplers : 
that hairy thing on the upper left side of the photo wow-ed me.It tastes like french fries but what kind of potato has green for its color ?!?!?!? But overall it's not that amazing so...yeah.


 Funny how they said that we should eat dessert first while the real thing is that they still served it after the main course.Very funny,Terra.For a bistro,I think they've got an ordinary desert,like...I can still make some these at home.Yes,of course they've got some specialty but it doesn't attract me.I still love Blooms's desert.

So after the desert,we called it a night.They gave us this little form to fill.It's about guest comment,I think it's good that they have these because not many restaurants really care about what their customer think whereas for a new restaurant,it is important to improve their services.

This Terra restaurant is a new experience for me.Yes,it is one of my favorites,but I don't think that we can just randomly ask someone for lunch at Terra.this place is those kind of places for your fancy night with family,or a black tie event,or maybe a birthday dinner.Matching stuffs with Terra : Chanel No.5

Since my sister hasn't eat anything glut,we decided to stop by Bakso Gun.Aaah,nothing will ever beat meatballs ! 

P.S : All photos are taken with my iPhone camera,I'm so surprised to the fact that it can make great photos ! good for travelers.But still...me-want-Pentax-Q10 !!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OH MY GOD

      THANK YOU FOR EVEN SPARING SOME TIME TO VISIT MY BLOG

      OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THANK YOUUUUUU

      Delete