Thursday, June 22, 2017

It's Just Another Graceless Night

Ha! this has been the longest hiatus I've done from blogging. College has been very crazy. It's the same kind of routine, just more intense. So I guess there's nothing new that I can tell about in that department. Anyway, Ramadhan Mubarak everyone! Hope this holy month will bring us closer and closer to Allah...Aamiin.

I would like to dedicate this second paragraph specially for my senior high school friend, who is also a blog enthusiast, Nastiti. Thank you for still randomly visits my blog (what are you trying to find really?). In fact, my motivation for writing yet another post after such a long time is because of your comment! partly, at least. The biggest reason is because I'm so bored. It's still another 2 months before the next semester starts.

Hmm...what else should I write? I notice that my blog posts' alignment is aligned to the left instead of justified. This is not a scientific paper but still, I thought it would've been better if only I had used the justify setting. But editing around 100 posts just doesn't seem to be worth it, haha.

I envy people who has this nice blog where it lets them post short texts without looking weird. It's a blog that has a layout for microblogging (don't you have twitter for that?) so they can post random daily stuff every day. This makes them a very active blogger whereas my blog layout won't let me do such thing. It would look like I have an unfinished post posted. I guess I could've tweaked the settings and changed the settings, but I love the way my blog looks right now. So be prepared to find either nice writings about my deepest thoughts/feelings OR me babbling about nothing important (just like this one).

One great thing that happened to me is that I've "reconnected" to one of my oldest, dearest friend (basically my first real best friend) after a year of not-talking-to-each-other. Crazy, I know right. There are times during that year that I thought "Well, this is it. Maybe she only meant to be in my life for that long. Guess I should just cherish the memory instead of whining about what we could've been if I had done something different." I don't exactly know what happened, I guess all the sadness and anger forced me to forget the painful details. And so, we both are trying to live our own lives...

Just until a week ago, when she contacted me through Instagram. Long story short, we talked everything out. I was very worried that she was mad for me because of something I had done, and I don't want to get off my high horse and be the first one to say sorry. Turned out, that is exactly what she felt too! We ended up asking for each other apologies, tell each other how much we miss each other, tears streaming down my face and we hugged for what seems to be....ok you get the point.

So kids, what we can get from this experience is that great communication is the key to a great social life, which explains why I am always lacking in that department. We should never give a silence treatment before we are really, really, reallyyyyyyyy running out of words/the other person won't even listen to us for just a second. Especially in my case where silence treatment = giving up. If only I had at least trying to contact her long ago, all of this not-talking-for-a-whole-year nonsense won't ever happened. But then again, everything always happens for a reason, right?

All in all, everything seems fine for right now. We understand each other's rhythm and pace better than ever. Now I know that if she doesn't contact me, that doesn't mean she hates/forgets me. It's just right now there are things that needs to be done. She needs to do so so she can spend her free time with me. I mean, who would want to go to a karaoke night if none of his/her tasks and assignments are finished?! It's called having priorities, people. It's adulthood! I guess you could say we literally have grown up together :)

The most magical thing of all is that even after a whole year of not talking to each other, we are still in sync. We even have a lot more interesting things to talk about! This assures me more and more that she really is my best friend. Cause you know what they said, a strong friendship doesn't need daily conversations, doesn't always need togetherness. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part. 

To you, if you ever read this: I'm glad I met you at third grade elementary school. Thank you for depicting my fantasies with your drawings. Thank you for the calls, both late nights and impromptu. Thank you for teaching me how to not be a selfish bitch, despite the use of though love. Thank you for...well, everything.

FUNNY HOW I STARTED THIS POST WITH NOTHING IN MIND YET HERE I AM, WRITING PARAGRAPHS AFTER PARAGRAPHS OF DEAR DIARY.

Writing this post reminds me of how much I love writing, or at least seeing what I wrote haha. The process is sometimes boring, but the feeling of clicking "publish" after writing a long post is satisfying!

I guess I should just end this post now, even though my heads are filled with writing ideas.
need. to. organize. it. right. now.
I have the memory of Dory these days. See you in other posts, darling.

Kelvin here,
Signing off.

1 comment: