Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Abstract

I'm starting to think that being in love is more of a coincidence, a serendipity, something that is very influenced by luck. There are those who seem to have everything people would've wanted : a nice job, a nice house, nice car(s). Basically financially stable, yet they haven't found 'the one'. This might seem very obvious, love doesn't strike people based on their financial status. Yet most people seem to not understand that. There are many people who said "well, they already have everything, what are they waiting for" when it comes to their opinion about other's marital status as if not being married (or even in love) in that situation is very weird. I also find a lot of people who seem to have a lot of work to do with themselves decides that marriage is something for them and in the end it does help them grow better. Miracle does happen.

Hey, maybe they have personality problems. Or maybe they don't. Maybe they don't want to get married and have kids. Maybe they prefer the single life. Single life doesn't mean miserable life and I cannot stress this enough (really hate the jomblo jokes that seems to be going on FOR AGES). Love is a two way lane. Your line may be very smooth (with the criteria I mentioned above) but if your soulmate's line isn't smooth yet, you both will never meet.

Love, to me, is always this abstract thing people can never fully comprehend until they experience it themselves. I don't think I have experienced love. Or at least, the kind of love I was expecting with all the butterflies in the stomach and stuff. It might not be just luck but because it is very hard for me to grasp, I guess it's easier to conclude that luck is the biggest factor.

All I wanna say is that you, people who are in love, should be very grateful because those whose hands you hold might be your soulmate. At least right now, you think he/she is. Some of us will have a long journey to find one. Some of us have taken a long journey to find one, only to lose it next year. Surround yourself with people you love, cherish them and make them feel your love. Never take anything for granted.

Kelvin here, signing off.

1 comment: