Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Movies To Watch This Holiday !

I know it's a little bit late to post this, since most of you have only less than a week holiday. But I thought it will be fun to spend the last days of holiday cuddling with your loved ones in front of TV watching chick flicks all day long. It's Ramadhan so that means no popcorn, but it's still as fun!

1.Letters To Juliet

I am soooooo in love with Amanda Seyfried ! I mean...who doesn't ? She's practically one of those living barbies. And I love the way the story goes, two love stories in one movie. I cried every time the grandmother (I forgot her name) reads the letter, it's so beautiful :') what if...







2.The Proposal

I was watching some TV when a profile of Ryan Reynolds came up and they mentioned his super good acting in The Proposal. I went to the movie rentals and rent it right away. It was sooooooooo hilarious, I think that was one the loudest laugh I've ever got from a movie. I also love Sandra Bullock and her floating-on-the-sea Louis Vuittons :-)




3.Confession of A Shopaholic

Bag...Gucci ! This is my go to movie every time I need a mood booster. Go Isla Fisher ! I've also read the entire book series and it was awesome. Actually no, it was waaayyyy better than the movie ! Too bad they didn't make the sequel :-(





4.We're The Millers

This holiday is the first time I watched this movie, I thought it would pass my list of good movies, but it didn't ! It has drama yet they wrap it in such a comical way that it is enjoyable ! I cried (laughing) when I watched this movie. Especially that scene when it's Kenny's (is that his name ?) turn to play the guess game :-) Oops, explicit material here. Better watch the movie alone, no parents allowed !






P.S : sorry for the blurry image. I don't know why it is so hard to find a good one !

That's it ! wait what ? that's it ? only 4 ?

sadly yes, I guess I am pretty picky but it is what it is. Or maybe I just haven't rent that many movies yet... I don't know. But if you really want the fifth one, you can try and watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It's pretty good but it didn't make it to the list :p by the way this list contains movies from the drama-comedy genre only. Or as I would like to call it chick-flicks. If you love any other genre, Jinni and IMDB is a great place to look for recommendation !

I also downloaded this cool app called Discvr Movies. It basically do the same thing as Jinni and IMDB, but they have a cool user interface and it's on my cellphone ! So one point for easy access. I'm sure IMDB also have an app but Discvr Movies is worth the try. The only bad thing is that the developers haven't updated it yet for quite a while, so they don't have that great database of movies. But it still have thousands of old ones !

Besides movies, I am also addicted to youtube videos lately. Well, I've been addicted to youtube since a long time ago, but I've recently checked out those famous youtubers' channel and it is quite entertaining. You should check them out too. My favorites are AwesomeAlanna, Pointlessblog, and Marcus Butler.

Great Kelvin where have you been they've been there for ages and you have just found them "quite entertaining" ?

Anyways I hope you enjoy your holiday ! Where did you spend it ?

2 comments: