Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 ?

HOLA BLOG READERSSSSSSSSSS
OMG A FEW MONTHS OF HIATUS

I thought this was supposed to be a routine kind of thing -_-
oh well you know me and all my teenage hormones

2015....time flew so fast. I feel like I can't even imagine a year called 2015,don't know exactly why. I just thought that this is not supposed to be here right now. Time flew so fast,too fast that it is getting scary. Now I have to be honest with you, I don't have anything particular to write tonight. I just feel like I need to write something on my blog...thanks to kak Jasmine who encouraged me to start writing again by saying a few nice words about my writings hahaha.

Hmm, I guess I'll just write what I have been up to lately.
Time can change everything, the way we think about something, the way we feel about something, the way we respond to something, you get the idea. These past few months....I think my priorities and dreams have been shifted. Does this mean I'm not as focused and determined as I thought I was ? I don't know..I guess it's normal at this age but does this mean I keep making excuses ?????????

I think too much

My parents,especially my mom have always wanted be to be a doctor. I do want to be a doctor too, I mean, who wouldn't ? but getting into med school is hard, let alone "surviving" in it. Many people said that being a doctor is a life-long learner. It's a never ending journey because humans are such a complicated being. Beautiful, yet complicated. I myself find some excitement in finding out why our body work in such ways. It makes me remember how great and powerful Allah is. Also, being a doctor means you are an "extension" of God's hand. You are one of his ways of healing people....how amazing is that.

I used to think like "omg being a doctor would be soooo cool" but now that I have read some articles about what being a doctor actually feels like, and also a few articles about doctor's ethic, I think I have a clearer image of what being a doctor actually is. I used to be drawn into the excitement of saying "yes, I'm a med school student" but now I feel like it would be such a pleasure and a huge honour to be able to heal people.

Does this mean I'm giving up my dreams of going to Parsons ?
I don't know..I don't think I can answer that right now. A big part of me still want that American dream. Moving to New York, doing what I love and get paid for it. But the almost-as-big part of me also want to be a doctor..maybe stay in Indonesia for a few months before I move to New York ?

You might think "What's up with you and New York ?" I don't know..as a child I've always wanted to visit America. New York, in particular. I love every piece of it, I could write another essay about why I love New York so I guess I'd better not write about it here hehe.

To be honest, being a doctor seems to be a more achievable dream than going to Parsons. but I thought if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough, right ?


No comments:

Post a Comment